Looking for something more out of your banking relationship? Western has programs available which accompany many of our products and services so you can receive excellent benefits, save money and possibly even earn money!
Find a Western State Bank location near you to connect with a personal banker for more information.
Make banking better for your friends and family.
We're here to make your life easier, and we want to do the same for those you care about most.
Refer a friend or family member to help them switch to Western, and you'll get $100 deposited into your account after they open a personal checking account.*
- Complete this form and give it to the friend or family member you're referring to Western.
- Have them present the completed form when they open their checking account with Western.
- Within 30 days of the new account opening, you'll get $100 deposited into your existing account.*
Download our digital brochure for more information.
Frequently Asked Customer Questions
Q: Who can I share the Refer-a-Friend program with?
A: As long as your friend isn’t a current Western State Bank customer and doesn’t share your address, you can use our Refer-a-Friend program.
Q: Is the new customer required to keep their account open for a certain period of time?
A: No, but the account will still need to be open for you to receive the $100. The $100 will be deposited within 30 days of the account opening.
Q: Is there a limit of the number of referrals that can be made?
A: Nope! If you do refer 6 or more people, you will need to report the incentives on your tax return, but there is no limit.*Valid on personal checking accounts only. New customer must present coupon at account opening. Account opening is subject to approval. New customer must not have had bank relationship in the past two years from date of account opening (excluding Western Investments) and must be of a separate household of existing customer (referrer). Western State Bank will automatically deposit $100 into the existing customer’s account within 30 days of the new customer opening a personal checking account. Customer can receive one incentive per new customer. Customers are responsible for any applicable taxes. If existing customer exceeds earning $600 per year, a 1099-MISC will be issued. Offer subject to change at bank’s discretion. See bank for details. Member FDIC.
You deserve a little something extra. Open a new checking account* & receive up to $100! Here's how it works:
- Open a VIP or VIP Plus Personal Checking Account
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Enroll in digital statements
- Get a Western debit card
- Open a Free Personal Checking Account
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Enroll in digital statements
- Get a Western debit card
- Open a Future Checking Account Future checking customers
Open a new checking account today to take advantage of this offer.
*Valid on new personal checking accounts only. The following criteria must be met to receive:
$100: open a VIP or VIP Plus personal checking account, enroll in direct deposit, enroll in eStatements, open a Debit Card.
$50: open a Free personal checking account, enroll in direct deposit, enroll in eStatements, open a Debit Card.
$25: open a Future checking account
Cash rewards for each account type cannot be combined by opening multiple accounts by a new customer. Must be a new customer to Western State Bank. $100 or $50 Reward will be credited to your new checking account within 60 days after direct deposit is received, assuming account is open and all other requirements are met. $25 reward will be credited to your new checking account within 60 days of account opening assuming the account is open.
For VIP Checking: $10 monthly service fee will be charged unless either $500 minimum daily balance is retained in the VIP Checking Account or $5,000 balance is maintained in combination of deposit and loan accounts.
For VIP Plus Checking: $10 monthly service fee will be charged unless either $10,000 minimum daily balance is retained in the VIP Checking Account or $25,000 balance is maintained in combination of deposit and loan accounts.
For Free Checking and Future Checking: No minimum balance required. Minimum opening deposit of $50 required.
If you thought it was hard to switch banks, think again. At Western we make it easy to move over your accounts. Our Personal Bankers will help you every step of the way.
Make the switch a smooth transition. After you have opened your checking account, select the appropriate document(s)*, complete and return to a Personal Banker at your local Western State Bank or stop by and visit with a Personal Banker to fill out the documents together. Either way, we will help you through the entire process to make your move simple.
- Account Inventory Checklist - Use this list to help identify those accounts that you would like to link directly to your new account.
- Automatic Payment Request Change - This form is filled out for any business that will accept automatic payment from Western State bank. Please be sure to include a voided check with this completed form.
- Direct Deposit Request Change - This form is used for any check that you would like to have direct deposited into your Western State Bank Account. Please be sure to include a voided check with this completed form.
- Account Closure/Withdrawal Request - This form authorizes your current bank to close your accounts.
(Links to relevant section in Business)
Freedom Banking is designed specifically for those serving or who have served in any branch of the United States Military*. It's one way we recognize the commitment of those who serve. Benefits of this program include*:
- VIP Checking Account, without a minimum balance requirement
- Automatic reimbursements on ATM fees
- 10 free MasterCard® gift cards per year
- Free identity theft protection (see banker for details)
- No annual fee on Instant Credit (OAC)
- Discounted installment loans of up to 0.25%
- No processing fee on consumer loans
- No processing fee on home equity loans
- Up to $500 off mortgage closing costs (on a purchase or refinance)
- 10% annual discount on safe deposit box
- Free travelers checks, cashiers checks, and money orders
Contact a Personal Banker for more information on how you can be a part of Freedom Banking.
*Limitations apply. See bank for full details.
Have some fun and enjoy the many benefits of the Good Neighbor Club! To qualify for membership you must be 50 years or older, have a VIP, VIP Plus or Treasury Market Accounts and maintain a minimum balance of $10,000 in any combination of deposit accounts, loans or investments. Or pay a low $10 monthly fee to enjoy the excellent benefits if your combination of accounts does not reach the $10,000 minimum.
- VIP Interest Checking - No minimum balance required
- Free Western Checks on every order (or $10 discount for alternative design)
- Say Goodbye to ATM Fees - Automatic reimbursement!*
- Free Safe Deposit Box Rental For A Year
(10% discount after the first year)
- No-fee Overdraft Protection
- No-fee Traveler’s Checks**
- No-fee Money Orders
- No-annual-fee Western Check Card or Cash & Check Card***
- Free notary and signature guarantee service
- Free Cashier's Checks
- Free copies (limit 10 per month)
- Fax service (limit two per month)
- Terrific Travel Opportunities! Travel to exciting locations throughout the U.S. , or excursions to area points of interest, at special prices
- Exclusive Entertainment! Invitations to parties, activities and other special events
- Financial Planning Services!
- $25 deposit into a new Lil' Buckaroo Savings Account for family members****
- Seminars covering important issues for 50+ individuals and families
- Access to experienced investment representatives
- Referrals to financial and legal experts
Contact your local Personal Banker in your area for more details on our Good Neighbor Club.
*Limitations apply. See bank for details.
**Excludes checks for two.
***Surcharge may apply if used at another financial institution.
****$25 credited to account at opening. Annual Percentage Yield of .05% applies;variable rate effective 11/2016. Fees may reduce earnings on account.
Make money matters fun and put your children on the path to a brighter financial future. This account is a unique educational savings program for children, with additional perks and benefits to make saving fun for the whole family.
Learn more about our Lil' Buckaroo Savings Account.
Any Western State Bank customer that is a full-time college students or high school senior is eligible for the chance to be awarded a $500* scholarship each school year based on their individual merits.
To apply, students must meet the following criteria:
1) Students must have received a high school diploma or GED by Spring/Summer of the year they apply.
2) Students must have proof that they have been admitted to a post-secondary institution as a full-time student.
3) Students must be registered and enrolled for the Fall semester of the year they apply.
4) Students must be Western State Bank customers in good standing**.
5) Student must submit your application by the deadline outlined on the application.
* A new $500 scholarship is issued each school year based on qualification and individual merits. Being awarded this scholarship in the past does not disqualify you or increase your chances to be awarded in future years.
**Good standing is defined on a case by case basis by the bank and is defined as proper use of your account.
This year's submission deadline has passed, please check back in January 2022 for details about next year's scholarship.
Receive a $500 credit on any home purchase or refinance application if you are working (past or present) in education, emergency medical service, fire, medical, military or law enforcement. It's our way of saying thank you for being a Hometown Hero!