We recognize that identity theft can happen to anyone, anytime. Our concern for the safety of your financial and personal information goes beyond our banking relationship with you. This page provides information to either help prevent identity theft or assist you if this has happened to you.
One call to Western will put you in touch with our own personal Recovery Advocate who will do all of the legwork for you to recover your good name. This FREE coverage is applicable for the primary account holder on all Western State Bank personal checking and Treasury Market accounts, their spouse or domestic partner and children up to age 25 who have the same residence address as parent. This coverage includes up to $5,000 in Identity Theft expense.
For Further Protection you can enroll in ID Safe Choice Plus which provides a total protection package to include credit monitoring PLUS up to $25,000 for Identity Theft expenses in additional to IDSafeChoice Recovery and MORE! Only $5.95 per month for one; $4 more protects the entire family.
ID Safe Choice Plus features & benefits include:
- Your complete credit report available automatically each year for your review.
- Status alerts to warn of new activity that may signal that a criminal is at work.
- Warnings of derogatory credit, new credit issued, inquiries on your report, change of address attempts and more.
- Up to $25,000 in reimbursed expenses for recovering your identity, including lost wage reimbursement, with zero deductible.*
- Your own personal Recovery Advocate
With Both the Individual and Family Plan You Also Receive These Benefits:
- Protection awareness test
- Personal protection plan
- Reports of new "tricks of the trade"
- Personal protection advisory newsletter
- Your own personal Recovery Advocate to restore your good name, if you fall victim
- Fraud alerts are posted at all three credit bureaus.
- Your rights as a victim are explained.
- A customized recovery plan is developed and documented for your review.
- Your Recovery Advocate contacts and works with all agencies, financial institutions and companies affected.
- Your Recovery Advocate completes and files all forms and follows up to make sure fraudulent activity is corrected.
- Your Recovery Advocate will contact you at 30, 60, 90 and 120 days after the case is closed to determine if there are any additional problems.
- Your good name will be restored - no matter how long it takes.
Cancellation of the Plus Plan effective on the last day of the month in which the cancellation request is received. If a quarterly, semi-annual or annual payment was made for the Plus Plan, any unused portion of the payment will be refunded. Credit monitoring services will cease as of the effective date of the cancellation of the Plan.
*Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.
- We, Us, Our, or Company means Virginia Surety Company, Inc.
- You or Your means the individual person who was provided coverage under this benefit. Coverage also applies to the individual's eligible family member(s). Eligible family member includes the spouse or domestic partner of the Individual, but only if the spouse or domestic partner of the Individual resides at the same residence of the Individual, and each unmarried child of the Individual, who is less than twenty-one (21) years of age, but only if the unmarried child resides at the same residence of the Individual. Any spouse, domestic partner or child of the Individual who does not reside at the same residence of the Individual is not eligible for coverage.
- Identity Theft means the use of Your name, address, Social Security number (SSN), bank, or credit card account number, or other identifying information without Your knowledge to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Administrator means TWG Innovation Solutions, Inc. (TWGIS) located at 13922 Denver West Parkway, Golden CO, 80401.
- Identity Theft Expenses means the following when incurred as a direct result of Identity Theft:
- Legal Expenses: Reasonable and necessary attorney fees or court costs associated with defending any suit brought against You by merchants, financial institutions or other credit grantors, or their collection agencies or the removal of any criminal or civil judgment wrongly entered against You;
- Lost Wages: Actual U.S. wages or salary You lose as a direct result of time off work taken by You to report or address the effects of Identity Theft;
- Miscellaneous: Loan applications fees, long distance telephone costs, mailing and postage costs, costs of having affidavits or other documents notarized. Costs to purchase up to four (4) credit reports from any of the three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion). The credit reports may be purchased only after the Identity Theft has occurred and for the purpose of correcting inaccuracies that occur as a result of Identity Theft.
- We will reimburse You for Identity Theft Expenses You incur as a result of an Identity Theft incident that occurs or was first known to You while You are for coverage.
- Coverage is secondary to any other applicable insurance or coverage available to You.
- This Evidence of Coverage is not transferable to another person or entity.
Coverage is subject to:
- Reimbursement is limited to Your actual Identity Theft Expenses, not to exceed a total of $5,000 USD.
- The Lost Wages benefit is further limited to an amount up to $500 USD per week, payable for up to four (4) weeks.
- There is a limit of one (1) Identity Theft incident per twelve (12) month period.
This coverage begins on the date indicated on Your [benefit/welcome/thank-you] letter, and continues for one (1) year unless cancelled by the Group Policyholder, the Company or You. This coverage is not renewable.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement coverage does not apply to:
- Any Identity Theft Expense not listed in the above Definitions section;
- Any act of theft, deceit, collusion, dishonesty or criminal act by You or any person acting in concert with You, or by any authorized representative of You, whether acting alone or in collusion with You or others;
- Damages or losses arising from the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of Your business name, d/b/a/ or any other method of identifying Your business activity;
- Any lost wages due to sickness or emotional breakdown;
- Damages or losses of any type for which the credit card company, bank, creditor, etc. is legally liable;
- Identity Theft Expenses that were incurred or commenced from a known Identity Theft incident that occurred prior to the effective date of this coverage;
- Damages or losses of any type resulting from fraudulent charges or withdrawal of cash from a debit or credit card or financial/bank/investment account;
- Any incident involving a loss or potential loss not notified to the relevant police authority within seventy-two (72) hours from the date You had knowledge of the loss;
- Fees or costs associated with the use of any investigative agencies or private investigators.
What to do if You are a Victim of Identity Theft:
- Contact Western State Bank to request assignment of a recovery advocate.
- Notify the Administrator within ten (10) days of discovery of Your Identity Theft problem.
- Notify the police in Your local jurisdiction within seventy-two (72) hours from the date You had knowledge of the Identity Theft loss. Obtain a copy of the police report.
How to File for Reimbursement Under This Coverage:
- Contact the Administrator at 1-800-840-3582 6am to 6pm MDT, M-F to request an Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement claim form. You must submit the following documentation within thirty (30) days to the Administrator after final resolution of Your Identity Theft incident or Your Identity Theft Expenses may not be covered:
- Completed and signed claim form;
- Proof that a fraud alert was placed with each major credit bureau (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion, etc.) immediately after discovery of Identity Theft;
- Copy of the complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC);
- Copy of settlement reached by each party (creditors, collection agency, banks, etc.) involved with Your Identity Theft incident;
- Copy of a police report from Your local jurisdiction;
- Copy of all receipts, bills or other records that support the Identity Theft Expenses incurred by You;
- Any other documentation that may be reasonably requested to validate an Identity Theft incident.
Cancellation and Non-Renewal:
The Policyholder or the Company can cancel or choose not to renew this coverage. If this happens, You will be notified at least sixty (60) days in advance of the expiration of this coverage. Such notices need not be given if substantially similar replacement coverage takes effect without interruption. If coverage is canceled or non-renewed by the Policyholder or the Company, the coverage benefits will continue to be in force for the period that premium has already been paid for to the Company. Coverage will still apply to claims that occurred prior to the date of such cancellation or non-renewal, provided all other terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage are met.
Payment of Coverage:
Benefits payable under this Evidence of Coverage for any loss will be paid upon receipt of acceptable proof of such loss and all required information necessary to support Your claim. All benefits will be paid to you directly or, in the case of Your death, to Your estate.
If payment is made under this Evidence of Coverage, We are entitled to recover such amounts from other parties or persons. Any person who receives payment under this coverage must transfer to Us his or her right to recover against any other party or person and must do everything necessary to secure these rights and must do nothing that would jeopardize them, or these rights will be recovered from You.
Concealment or Misrepresentation:
Your coverage shall be void if, whether before or after a loss, You have concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstances concerning this coverage or the subject thereof, or if You commit fraud or swear falsely in connection with any of the foregoing.
No action at law or in equity shall be brought to recover under the Evidence of Coverage prior to expiration of sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been submitted in accordance with the requirements of the Evidence of Coverage.
1. Services are provided to the Western State Bank (WSB) personal checking and Treasury Market account holders; businesses do not qualify for this offer. Benefits are non-transferable.
2. Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that occur, are discovered and reported to WSB.
3. In order to receive free Services, the individual must be a current customer of WSB and must maintain their relationship in good standing during such time that Provider is providing Services.
4.Provider reserves the right to refuse or terminate services if it is deemed that the participating plan member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Provider will not refuse or terminate services to a plan member solely due to the complexity of a case.
5. Provider does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which legitimately belongs to the plan member.
6. Recovery Services are available in the United States of America (U.S.) and to persons outside the U.S. to the extent that U.S. laws prevail.